Overnight Rumor Mill Roundup – 7/31
* FOX Sports’ Ken Rosenthal tweeted that the momentum for Astros CF Michael Bourn has subsided, but could pick up again before the 4 p.m. ET Trade Deadline. Among potential trade partners include: Braves, Nationals and Giants.
Other Rosenthal notes include:
-The Angels are set with their current roster, though another reliever may be in the cards.
– The Padres may make another two or three trades today, including closer Heath Bell. However, RHP Aaron Harang is “unlikely” to be dealt. Rosenthal also says San Diego is leaning toward keeping setup man Mike Adams to replace Bell in the ninth inning.
– The White Sox are looking to add another starter after trading away Edwin Jackson last week.
– The Nationals and Twins are working on a deal that would send OF Denard Span to Washington and RHP Drew Storen to Minnesota. Talks remain preliminary.
– The D-backs have a list of “seven or eight” relievers they are looking at.
* FOX Sports Jon Morosi tweeted that the Rockies have reopened their interest in Twins RHP Kevin Slowey now that a roster spot has opened following the Jimenez trade.
* The Toronto Sun reports that the Blue Jays and Indians have both inquired about Rockies catcher Chris Iannetta.
— Jon Star