Hot Stove Nuggets
- The Mets are facing payroll cuts this offseason, but that should not stop them from tendering contracts to Angel Pagan and Mike Pelfrey, according to SI’s Jon Heyman.
– Heyman also added that Mets GM Sandy Alderson does not expect to trade third baseman David Wright, barring an offer that will significantly exceed their expectations.
– Similarly, the Phillies do not appear willing to trade LHP Cole Hamels barring an offer of “three small countries and two oceans,” as told to ESPN’s Buster Olney from the Phillies.
– The Marlins continue to be busy, according to ESPN’s Jerry Crasnick. Mark Buehrle met with the Marlins on Tuesday at the GM Meetings in Milwaukee.
– Adam Kilgore of the Washington Post reports that the Nationals are also interested in Cuban 19-year-old outfielder Jorge Soler, in addition to Yoenis Cespedes.
– The Twins have reached out to free agent catcher Ryan Doumit, according to Joe Christensen of the Star Tribune. Doumit, who has already been contacted by the Dodgers, figures to have a number of suitors in this winter’s catching market. Christensen also reports that the Twins have talked to Josh Willingham’s agent. Both Doumit and Willingham are represented by Matt Sosnick.
- Jon Star