July 29 Late Night Roundup
* According to Scott Bordow of The Arizona Republic, D-backs General Manager Kevin Towers could pursue additional pitching prior to Tuesday’s deadline. He also hinted that one of the club’s infielders could be changing zip codes.
* Sources tell Ken Rosenthal of FOX Sports that there is no guarantee Arizona will trade shortstop Stephen Drew. Right now, the D-backs are deciding whether to give the majority of playing time at shortstop to Drew or Willie Bloomquist.
* With a little more than a day left before the Trade Deadline, the Padres are continuing to weigh several offers for third baseman Chase Headley, Jon Paul Morosi of FOX Sports tweets. However, San Diego is still unsure if they want to move him.
* According to Jeff Passan of Yahoo Sports, the Red Sox have made calls to the Braves and Rangers in the past two days in an effort to get rid of Josh Beckett’s contract. The Red Sox began talks, believing Beckett would waive his 10-and-5 right to play for either team.
* Falling two games below .500 after being swept by the Twins over the weekend, the Indians have told teams they would consider trading Justin Masterson, according to Danny Knobler of CBS Sports.
— Quinn Roberts