12/3 Afternoon Roundup: Red Sox, Giants make news; other rumblings
- Mike Napoli and Angel Pagan were the biggest names of the day Monday, with Napoli agreeing to play first base for the Red Sox and Pagan reportedly preparing to re-sign with the Giants. This could have a potential trickle-down effect on Adam LaRoche‘s free agent negotiations and the Phillies’ search for outfield help.
- There has been talk for much of the offseason about the Rays potentially dealing a starter, and chatter has heated up over the last few days about James Shields heading to the Nationals, who are searching for a fifth starter.
- Cleveland is open to trading shortstop Asdrubal Cabrera, but Jordan Bastian has some interesting details here on the provisions in Cabrera’s no-trade clause.
- The Dodgers are looking at Nate Schierholtz, Ken Gurnick reports.
- Adam McCalvy says there is mutual interest between the Brewers and right-hander Ryan Dempster, but it remains to be seen if the teams can come together on an agreement for a contract.
- The Angels are still searching for bullpen help.