Results tagged ‘ Adam Lind ’
The first day of the Winter Meetings has been busy through early Monday afternoon, as rumors and speculation are running rampant.
Before we get to those, first some actual news:
- Former managers Bobby Cox, Tony La Russa and Joe Torre were elected to the Hall of Fame by the Expansion Era Committee.
- Two-time Cy Young Award winner Roy Halladay signed a one-day contract with the Blue Jays and retired, citing back injuries.
- The Rockies might resume trade talks with the A’s regarding left-hander Brett Anderson, writes MLB.com’s Thomas Harding.
- Matt Kemp’s agent, former pitcher Dave Stewart, told the Los Angeles Times he expects the Dodgers outfielder to be dealt this offseason.
- Sources told Fox Sports’ Ken Rosenthal the Angles are willing to shop first baseman/outfielder Mark Trumbo.
- Rosenthal also hears that even though the Rangers already dealt second baseman Ian Kinsler, shortstop Elvis Andrus also might be available; though Rosenthal notes it’s “very much a long shot.”
- Two items from Fox Sports’ Jon Paul Morosi: The Indians have talked with free agent starter Jason Hammels’ representatives, while the Pirates are interested in Toronto’s Adam Lind and Miami’s Logan Morrison.
- Yahoo!’s Jeff Passan hears the Phillies are “actively shopping” Domonic Brown.
- Cash Kruth